Plan ahead without changing your life
The Mather offers a unique environment that weaves healthy living into every aspect of your life. We take pride in offering comprehensive wellness programs, services, and amenities designed to provide ways for adults 62+ to continue to make the adventure of aging better.
At the same time, we recognize the possibility that health concerns may arise. The Mather enables you to make a single retirement choice, with the guarantee of future care.
The Mather Life Care Centre offers the latest innovations in long-term care, based on extensive research by Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, including:
- State-of-the-art residential neighborhoods that provide a comfortable home for residents
- Private suites with well-appointed finishes reflecting a new generation of design
- Outdoor terraces incorporating garden programs that provide wonderful opportunities to enjoy fresh air while relaxing, exercising, or socializing
- Collaboration with architects, gerontologists, and horticulture therapists who specialize in environmental design, to maximize wellness and quality of life
The Mather Life Care Centre is conveniently located within The Mather (425 Davis Street) on the second floor and a portion of the third floor, offering assistance with day-to-day activities, memory support, long-term care, and rehabilitation services, if ever needed.
- Assisted living
- Memory support
- Skilled nursing
- Comfortable residential living is combined with comprehensive assisted living services, enabling residents to remain as independent as possible. Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) provide 24-hour assistance with daily tasks such as dressing, grooming, and medication reminders.
- Spacious one-bedroom apartments are equipped with emergency response systems and safety features for comfort and peace of mind.
- Three meals a day are provided in our full-service restaurants, Bistro 100 and 75 East.
- Specialized memory support suites are designed for those with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s Disease or other cognitive impairments. Twenty-four hour supervision is provided.
- Our person-centered approach to memory support emphasizes personal strengths to embrace each resident’s individuality.
An array of rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy, are offered at The Mather Life Centre on a fee-for-service basis or through Medicare B benefits.
- Residents enjoy spacious suites with large bathrooms that access comfortable living room areas.
- We have Medicare certified suites that can provide reimbursement for qualified stays.
- Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) provide 24-hour nursing care for individuals requiring recovery support due to illness or surgery, concentrated rehabilitation services, or ongoing long-term care.
- A registered dietician works with our executive chef in creating dynamic menu choices available in our restaurant, 75 East.